A blog about change and whatever medium I'm currently expressing my creativity through....





15.7.08

More Spiral Rope Bracelets

Another technique that I'm enjoying is the spiral rope stitch. It's very relaxing to do as it's repetitive and feels almost like medatation. I think I like it best done with a single bead colour rather than a variety. I've worn these bracelets with as many as three on the arm at a time and I like the look both singly and multiples. If you haven't yet tried this stitch, check it out. It's so simple but looks so elegant.







This last bracelet was made as a gift for my daughter. It uses beads left over from a bracelet she commissioned me to make as a gift for her friend. I thought she'd enjoy having a similar bracelet. What you can't really see...the Swarovski crystals in every third spiral. It sparkles so beautifully!

No comments: