A blog about change and whatever medium I'm currently expressing my creativity through....





6.7.08

Inspiration on the Ocean

This photo was taken today, from a boat on the ocean. We were behind an island I can see from my home so what I saw there was a surprise and a treat. Looking at this shot, what really struck me is the subtle variation in colour. It's monochromatic at first glance but multi-coloured on second inspection, I'm intrigued...and inspired. If it inspires you, I'd love to see what your inspiration produces. I have an idea I'm ruminating on.



Most of this scene would be under water were it a high tide. The low tide has revealed the striations in the rock and the barnacles. In the foreground is the reflection of the rock in the water and the bulb heads of kelp.

No comments: