A blog about change and whatever medium I'm currently expressing my creativity through....





8.2.09

Serendipity Necklace

Some time ago, I bought a challenge kit of beads from a store that I shop in, online. From another online store, I'd ordered some short Toho bugles to experiment with. The kit and the bugles have been sitting on my coffee table, AKA bead studio for a while. I'd seen some pictures of Russian Spiral stitch done using long bugles and though it is interesting, I thought I'd like it better with the shorter ones I had. As I worked on the beginning of the necklace, I was thinking about adding some larger beads at the center to create a sort of faux pendant stitched right in. Back to my "bead studio" I went and the kit caught my eye. So began the experiment. The necklace is made up of seed beads in several sizes and colours, bugle beads, Swarovski crystals and fresh water potato pearls. I have to say that I'm really pleased with the result.

It was for sale in my Etsy shop. Now, it's sold.







No comments: