A blog about change and whatever medium I'm currently expressing my creativity through....





19.10.07

Mountains on the Mainland


I'd forgotten that I had this piece finished until I photographed another that I just finished last night. It's a miniature piece of art, created using hand dyed cotton fabric and a variety of seed beads, bugle beads and chips of semi precious stones. It was completed entirely by hand.

My inspiration for this beaded pendant (which is just the right size to hold a credit card) was the view from my livingroom window. I overlook ocean and outlying islands to the east as well as the mountains on the mainland. The colours of the mountains change constantly as well as the highlights and shadows, depending on the quality of light. How fortunate I am to have the palette of the universe to inspire me!

No comments: