A blog about change and whatever medium I'm currently expressing my creativity through....





3.12.07

Taking a time out...

This is the second day since the craft fair and I'm still in 'relax and recuperate' mode. I was completely exhausted when I got home from the craft fair and had no interest or energy to do anything creative the following day. I'm giving myself a period of time to rest but I'm also looking forward to 'what comes next'.

I've been surfing around the internet looking at the work of bead artists and finding much inspiration. I'm so new to this and I'm finding so many different directions that I feel a pull toward. Cabochons. I found a wonderful book that is an excellent 'how to' for cabochons and it's filled with photos to give ideas and inspiration. Beading with Cabochons: Simple Techniques for Beautiful Jewelry by Jamie Cloud Eakin. The book can be found on Amazon.

Another one that I'm in love with is Beaded Embellishment: Techniques & Designs for Embroidering on Cloth (Beadwork How-To series) by Amy C. Clarke and Robin Atkins. Also found on Amazon. This book has excellent detail and photos to help a real beginner...like me.

I've purchased the package for a bead challenge. If you are interested, you can see it (and buy it) here: Winter Bead Challenge. The beads intrigued me and I can hardly wait for them to arrive.

I also purchased a kit of beads to complete a pattern that is new to me. See and buy the kit and pattern here: Fringe Bracelet Kit

No comments: